This herbal salve is infused with Comfrey and Calendula in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The roots and leaves of the Comfrey plant contain chemical substances called allantoin and rosmarinic acid. Allantoin boosts the growth of new skin cells, while rosmarinic acid helps relieve pain and inflammation. Comfrey’s healing properties also encompass the skin, with its wonder ingredient – allantoin – hydrating, naturally exfoliating, repairing, protecting and soothing the skin. Due to Comfrey’s high antioxidant status, topical application also helps to reduce free radical activity on the skin. Comfrey can also be used to relieve skin irritations such as rashes, sunburn and stings.
- Calendula petals are rich in compounds that moisturize, nourish, and boost healing. The petals have been the secret ingredient in many therapeutic balms and skin care products for centuries. Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties make it a powerful remedy for all kinds of inflammatory issues such as diaper rash, dermatitis, burns, cuts, insect bites, rashes, and eczema. Calendula helps also by increasing blood flow and oxygen to irritated skin and wounds which assists in the healing process. Calendula is a multi-purpose salve that also moisturizes as well as heals.
- Coconut Oil hydrates skin for 24 hours and helps to improve skin elasticity and collagen production. Coconut oil is also known for its anti-aging properties. Coconut oil has antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Vitamin A, which help to slow down the aging process and may help to reduce the damage from free radicals and the sun.
- For centuries, Extra Virgin Olive Oil has been used topically to relieve every day skin ailments. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-aging properties because it is packed with antioxidants and vitamins. It hydrates the skin by building the skin's moisture barrier to prevent loss of moisture.
- Raw Wildflower Honey is packed with components beneficial for your skin, especially if you have acne or autoimmune skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. Honey speeds up your skin cells’ healing processes. If you have blemishes or an eczema outbreak, honey that’s unpasteurized could speed healing and reduce inflammation. Raw honey is also a natural exfoliator, which means applying it to your face takes off dry, dull skin and reveals new skin cells underneath.
- Beeswax forms a protective layer on the skin.
- Vitamin E protects reduces UV damage and protects your skin. The use of
- The use of Lavender Essential Oil for skin is to help reduce redness, blotchy patches, and acne scarring. Lavender oil's anti-inflammatory properties make it great for soothing and healing skin that's irritated or reddened from the sun, insect bites, or bacteria.