Peppermint Vanilla Lip Balm
Our lip balms are made with beeswax from our own apiary. The benefit of a balm is that it forms a very thin layer on the skin which protects it (from water, the elements, from chapping and chafing). This layer also prevents water loss and by reducing water loss it helps to keep the skin supple, soft, hydrated and moisturized.
- Sweet almond oil keeps your skin cells healthy, protects your skin from UV radiation damage, and helps your skin look smooth, soft, and free of fine lines.
- Shea butter is a skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree and that is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. It offers UV protection (it is SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
- Beeswax forms a protective layer on the lips.
There are no chemicals applied to any of the products grown on our farm. We use our own beeswax as the hardening agent and sustainably harvested plantain and chick weed to make the main ingredient essential oils. Additional purchased items are all-natural or organic ingredients purchased from reputable manufacturers include organic spearmint essential oils and sweet almond oil.
Although we cannot claim any medicinal qualities due to FDA regulations; below are several websites that speak to the healing and soothing properties of the herbs contained within our product.
- Plantain weed: Research into plantain’s medicinal power has shown promise as an antioxidant, (source) anti-inflammatory (source) and anti-fungal agent (source) wound healing (source).
- Chickweed: Chickweed has been used traditionally as an external remedy for cuts, wounds, minor burns, abscesses and skin irritations, especially such as itching, dryness and irritation due to dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. (source)
- Spearmint: Used topically and cosmetically, the antioxidant quality of Spearmint Essential Oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin imperfections such as discoloration. It stimulates the growth of new cells, thus increasing skin’s resilience and elasticity. Spearmint’s anti-bacterial properties work to eliminate harmful bacteria on the skin. (source)