Lavender Moisturizing Lotion Bar
Lotion bars intensify the moisturizing effects of natural lotion in a convenient and non-messy bar. They work by rubbing them between your hands (like a bar of soap). This transfers the lotion to your hands and then rub the lotion into your dry skin everywhere. The natural warmth from your skin softens and melts the lotion for application.
- The benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the skin are antioxidant content which prevents oxidation, prevents premature aging, may fight cancer causing cells due to sun exposure, contains vitamins A, E,D,and K for the skin, antibacterial properties that control bacteria on the skin, and is a natural moisturizer for the skin.
- Shea butter is a skin superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree and that is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. It offers UV protection (it is SPF ~6) and provides the skin with essential fatty acids and the nutrients necessary for collagen production.
- Beeswax forms a protective layer on the lips.
There are no chemicals applied to any of the products grown on our farm. We use our own beeswax as the hardening agent and sustainably harvested plantain and chick weed to make the main ingredient essential oils. Additional purchased items are all-natural or organic ingredients purchased from reputable manufacturers include organic spearmint essential oils and sweet almond oil.
Although we cannot claim any medicinal qualities due to FDA regulations; below are several websites that speak to the healing and soothing properties of the herbs contained within our product.
- Plantain weed: Research into plantain’s medicinal power has shown promise as an antioxidant, (source) anti-inflammatory (source) and anti-fungal agent (source) wound healing (source).
- Chickweed: Chickweed has been used traditionally as an external remedy for cuts, wounds, minor burns, abscesses and skin irritations, especially such as itching, dryness and irritation due to dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis. (source)
- Spearmint: Used topically and cosmetically, the antioxidant quality of Spearmint Essential Oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin imperfections such as discoloration. It stimulates the growth of new cells, thus increasing skin’s resilience and elasticity. Spearmint’s anti-bacterial properties work to eliminate harmful bacteria on the skin. (source)